Thursday, February 7, 2013

still here!

Well we are slowly trucking on!  Last week we chose a home study agency, this week we went and had our first meeting.  We have TONS of paperwork to fill out!  We now have two large packets to complete between the agencies.  I dove in head first to try and be as quick as we could but it's kind of like chasing our tail.  Can't complete this until we finish this, but can't finish that until we complete this. Ugh!  Big thing right now will be completing our home study, which is quite the process and can take a couple of months!  At this point we have done everything we can, now we're just waiting on others.  We need reference letters, doctor's forms, etc.... it's all very exciting! I'll be honest though, I'm wishing I could find a money tree!!!! :-)  Here's how I feel right now.....

The kiddos here are keeping me busy.  Poor Hunter (our 8 month old) has had an ear infection since just before Christmas.  This week he started his 3rd antibiotic and received a referral to an ENT.  Poor guy, though all of my guys have a history of angry ears.... between the older two we have had FIVE sets of tubes!  A couple of weeks ago Logan (our 9 year old) got the flu, and then to top it off he had a nasty ear infection.  The following week Riley (our 4 year old) got the flu and added an ear infection to his too.  Wow.... we might as well rent a room in the doctor's office and open a tab at the pharmacy! ha!  Good thing these kids just keep smiling through it all!

Wouldn't even guess they were sick huh? At this moment the little guy was running 104 temp and Riley's ear drum was on the verge of rupturing!

In addition to being a stay at home mom (my favorite gig!) I'm also an RN.  I work the night shift, 7pm - 7:30am, so that I can be home with my kiddos during the day.  Yeah, I don't get a lot of sleep! lol  I love it though, love both of my jobs.... I'm lucky that I can pick up extra shifts to help pay for the costs of our adoption.  But all this work = one tired momma!  But SOOOO worth it! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment